True understanding requires far more depth and complexity than most of us realize. It is a process of adding complexity to the point where clarity emerges. Unfortunately, in a world that seeks simple answers, genuine understanding often gets lost.
Cultivating the Power of Understanding outlines a step-by-step process to sharpen your understanding as never before.
One of the secrets of enlightenment is this: Seek to be understanding instead of seeking to be understood. This will produce a monumental shift.
Sadly many interpret this to mean we should abandon our own needs for understanding. Instead, we need to be the source of that understanding. When you turn your focus inward, bringing understanding to yourself, your behavior, your emotions, and the motivations that drive you, something profound happens. You notice that the more understanding you bring to yourself, the more you will attract friends and intimates who also understand you. It is difficult to receive something you won’t give to yourself.
When it comes to understanding others, the primary obstacle is judgment. Separation is painful. Judgment is an anesthetic that numbs pain. The problem with numbing the pain, is we cut ourselves off from the resources we need to create genuine change.
If we are to build bridges of compassion, we need to feel the pain of separation and reach for a higher octave of understanding. Rampant divisiveness can only be bridged with a depth of understanding that allows healing and change.
Most of us have never been taught the skill of understanding. This is good news, because it means we can cultivate that skill and take a leadership role in bringing understanding to our homes, our workplaces, our communities and our world.
We are excited to walk this path with you, our community of awakened adventurers. Together, our understanding can become a force of change.
- Eight audio recordings (7 hours of listening)
- Three bonus coaching demonstrations to illustrate the concepts
- 26-page comprehensive course workbook
- Suggested homework to deepen your learning
Audio Type: Studio Recordings and recorded telephone coaching sessions
Suggested Pace: This course can be completed in a week. You will want to revisit the meditation whenever you are reaching for greater understanding.
What You Will Learn
- 17 reasons why the skill of Understanding is critically important in today’s divisive environment
- The distinction between pain and suffering and how to work effectively with each
- The seven distinct “voices” of understanding, and why each is necessary
- How to feed a resonance of understanding, bringing light and healing to a world in transition
- How maturing your relationship with understanding is an ally in becoming your Truer Self
- A 7-step ritual (different from the seven voices) you can use to become an understanding person
- Guidelines for empowering, successful conversations to foster understanding with others
- 10 life-altering ideas that can become empowering perspectives to expand understanding
Wowza!! What a course! My life has honestly been changed by Cultivating the Power of Understanding. When I began this journey with the masterful coach, Jeanine Mancusi, she asked that I pick something small, not as divisive as politics. I selected my relationship with my aging parents that had been nudging me to be noticed. I was the primary (and believed the only) support to my elderly parents, and had the viewpoint that my life had to be on hold because I must be there for them. I was refusing to allow any life desires that were in conflict with supporting them.
One strong desire was to live at the beach. Indulging in that desire felt like a betrayal to my parents. Jeanine guided me through the steps of Cultivating the Power of Understanding process. I gained the courage to have real conversations with my parents and my siblings about my desire for a life that included living at the beach. Releasing judgments about myself, parents and siblings allowed other perspectives to arise to create a new reality, one where my life was not on hold. My husband and I now have a home at the beach. My parents are being supported by my siblings as we have extended periods of beach time. It’s a win-win-win!! A win for me, a win for my parents, and a win for my siblings!
– Jackie Grabis Bunker